During the 5 days, foreign tourists eligible for the VOA cannot leave the Shenzhen urban area and countryside. The five-day Visa on arrival is a sticker pasted on the passport like a regular visa. Hence, there must be at least one blank page in the applicant's passport.
Top questions about Shenzhen
What to see in Shenzhen.
I only have a day or less in Shenzhen, What should I see?
Can I transit visa-free?
What about scams in Shenzhen?
Shenzhen Visa On Arrival
Lo Wu isn't the only place where you can get The single entry 5-day visa, you can get it at Huanggang border as well. The other two crossings are even faster than Lo Wu with usually no line at all - been in and out in less than 5 minutes many times. Also, there is far more to see in Shenzhen besides the Lo Wu area which is frankly mostly filled with shopping malls with knock-offs, massage parlors, touts and barely any attractions.
- Hong Kong Airport To Shenzhen. (2018). Retrieved on October 8, 2018, from http://www.hongkongshuttle.com/hong-kong-airport-to-shenzhen/.
- How to Visit China Without A Visa (Shenzhen 5 Day Visa – from .... (2018). Retrieved on October 8, 2018, from http://www.olinorwell.com/how-to-visit-china-without-a-visa-shenzhen-5-day-visa-from-hong-kong/.
- How to get a Shenzhen visa on arrival when visiting from Hong Kong. (2018). Retrieved on October 8, 2018, from https://www.ausbt.com.au/how-to-get-a-shenzhen-visa-on-arrival-when-visiting-from-hong-kong.
- Reference 72. (2018). Retrieved on October 8, 2018, from http://www.chinaembassy.org.nz/eng/lsfw/t1002503.htm.
- US citizens VISA to visit Shanghai. (2018). Retrieved on October 8, 2018, from https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g308272-i2804-k9941335 US_citizens_VISA_to_visit_Shanghai-Shanghai.html.
- Visa Investigation Records of the Shanghai Diaspora Communities .... (2018). Retrieved on October 8, 2018, from https://www.archives.gov/research/foreign-policy/shanghai-visas.